Stalking Sandara Park in the Philippines for Penshoppe 2016


Stalking is not really my thing but there is always an exception.




It was April Fools' Day when I decided to go to Manila to pick up our passports in the Korean Embassy but I was so nervous then that I decided to delay the pick up and go straight to Trinoma. From there, I realized that I am lucky enough to be part of a documentation team armed with Canon EOS Mark 1D Mark III with 70-200mm bazooka lens. Thus, I got the rare opportunity to stalk my idol, Sandara Park of 2ne1 and of Philippines as the Pambansang Krung-krung. She is now one of the brand ambassadors of Penshoppe. She happened to attend the fashion show for its summer collection. And since the show will start at 6:00 pm, there were lots of people on the ground floor and only the privileged ones can enter the venue. That moment directly poked me to use my stalking skills.

I reached third floor and even sat on the floor to have these nice view of Dara. She may be minute in my naked eyes but she was a goddess from my bazooka lens view.

Here are some pieces of evidence to testify my claim.



Her skin was so radiant that even my lens could not contain the joy of seeing her. The show ended so fast but her aura really stood out and gave me the energy to even roam around the mall.


On the next day, I woke up around 4:00 am to secure the best front liner area for the much awaited Meet and Greet of Sandara Park for Penshoppe. I arrived at the SM North Edsa Skydome before 6:00 am and found around 8 people waiting at the escalator before the entrance. I literally counted hours before the event but this was nonsense for fans who longed for her presence in her second home.

From 6:00 am, the event passes were given around 11 am and the gates were open at 4:00 pm. Hence, 10 hours passed and all the fans were inside Skydome before 5pm. That lengthy waiting time was set aside as we secured the front line area despite being crashed by the crowd. The mood was heightened when the disc jockey played 2ne1 and Dara's songs. The audience participated well that we suddenly felt excitement all over our body.

Unfortunately, my sister and I were not chosen during the Meet and Greet. We told ourselves that the event was not the right time for us to get closer to her, it was our South Korea trip that made us realize that we are lucky fans to meet her up close. (Check my South Korea Day 1 blog for our fan account of Dara)

The result of not being lucky fans was this series of photos showing our adorable Dara during the meet and greet session. The live interview with my crush, Robi Domingo, made our night as Daragon or Appler fans. We tried to behave as much as possible but the fun and romantic excitement escaped our body. The event was filled with laughter, songs and shouts for Dara.












Another highlight of the event was this interaction of Robi with Dara's manager, Jjangmae...




and also between Dara and Jjangmae...


and especially between Dara and her ultimate fan boy and Daragon PH President, Robi.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Created By Sora Templates