Fortune Island: Experience Greece in Batangas



While browsing the internet, I read an article/blog narrating amazing places in the Philippines. 



I was more amused that our province, Batangas, has little Greece in one of its islands.And that was the time when I planned that I must visit Fortune Island.

According to some articles, this used to be a private island which was later turned over to the government and transformed into a resort along the 20-meter (66-foot) stretch of pristine white sand. A more than two decades passed by, the prestigious island resort seemed to be abandoned. However, Fortune Island still gives the feeling of being in Greece due to acropolis built here with Grecian pillars and statues on the edge of the island overlooking the sea. Until now, the island is frequently visited by sightseers, campers, photographers and even engaged couples.

I grabbed the chance and volunteered as one of the photographers when I heard that our office was tasked to video and photo shoot Fortune Island for the summer tourism campaign of Batangas Province. When we arrived there, we were welcomed by strong waves so our boat had to stay in a calm area and we needed to swim near the island. At that time, I had no idea that I will get wet during the shooting so I wore long sleeves and pants. Since I am an adventurous individual, I jumped off the boat with my life jacket of course. I do not know how to swim but I have the courage to take risks. 

The sun was up when we reached the island. We have more than an hour to shoot. We were worried that our drone (DJI Phantom Vision 3 Plus) will not be able to fly due to strong winds. We set up our drone and figured out that it can sustain the winds on the lower part of the island so we decided to shoot the acropolis from our location.



We calmed ourselves and finished the shooting as fast as we can.We did not forget to have our own photo shoot also.





The waves also invited me so I quickly ran to the vast ocean and play with it. I was surprised by the big waves that almost swallowed the petite body of mine.




On our way up, these stairs reminded us how beautiful the resort was way back 1995.




Upon reaching the acropolis, I played hide and seek with my office mate. I still could not believe that it was right in front of me. I felt like I was in Greece while savoring the fresh air and looking at the blue ocean.

 





My spirit was also hyped that I ran at the top most part of the island to have a photo with this beautiful statue and that of the whole island.





My Fortune Island experience was indeed one-of-a-kind. I never thought that Batangas has a secret that I personally discovered. It was a real struggle to reach this island. You have to be fearless to overcome the waves that will wash away your doubts in your whole being.

Take a risk and visit Fortune Island here in Batangas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Created By Sora Templates