Twin Hike from Mount Apayang to Mount Talamitam via New Banilad Trail


Life should have more mountains and less stress. This crossed my mind before experiencing total mental breakdown days before the release of the 2016 Bar Examinations results. 

Yes, I wanted to feel the pain before heart breaking outcome that might happen on May 3. I already set my mind not to go home on the long weekend of  April 29 to May 1. However, my mother insisted on seeing me. I was so depressed that I contacted my friend to climb with me. It was May 1 when we both agreed to hike Mount Apayang only.

It was a surprise for us to discover a new trail where we can both hike Mounts Apayang and Talamitam. Barangay Banilad displayed a large tarpaulin along the high way. My friend and I immediately drove inside a large farm and saw this nipa hut.


We were greeted by the barangay chairman and asked us to pay for an environmental fee of PhP 30.00 and a package deal of PhP 300 fee (2 hikers) for the guide. We also recorded our details for them to track the hikers who used their trail.


I can say that the trail was less stressful compared to others since the people there are accommodating. You can avoid the competition of other guides if you opted to visit the new trail.


Visitors can easily see the two peaks of Mounts Apayang and Talamitam. I thought that the hike will be an easier one but my hunch was wrong. 


We saw a newly developed trail and it was a risky one. If you're the adventurous one, you will find this trail a thrilling and fun one like we did. You will climb rocks and cross a river. The trail will make you question if you will take the risk in order to climb the top.


My mind was suddenly occupied by different ways how to hike and return home safely. My face turned into red and not pale anymore due to overthinking.


Along the way, I realized that I am a nature lover. I preferred climbing mountains rather than staying on a beach. I love the sound of nature and I find it amusing how blessed we are to see the wonders of nature.





After almost an hour of walking in the alternative trail, we successfully reached the bottom of the mountain. Yes, it took us almost an hour since our body was not prepared for the new trail.







At first, we thought that climbing both mountains was easy. It looked like an easy climb then.


We went inside this unique trail filled with bamboo and 5 feet tall grasses.



It's advisable for you to wear long sleeves and leggings/pants so your skin will not be wounded.

 

Look how a 4'9" tall lady struggled her hike going to Mount Apayang.


It was all worth it when I got to see the top. I breathed fresh air as if I exhaled all the negativity inside me. Yes, climbing mountains heal me whenever I goo through difficult times.








After having our merienda, we went down to this cross road. The one on the left is the one going to Mount Talamitan and the one on the right is the path going down. We asked ourselves if we were capable of twin hike and no doubt, we answered yes since we were there already and it will be more fulfilling we we will be able to reach the top of Mount Talamitam.





In less than10 minutes, we were on top. I ran to the grotto and thanked Mama Mary for the great hike and I asked for assistance to help me pass the Bar Examinations. Now, I know that she did not fail me.




I got the chance to see the entire Nasugbu as if I own the land. I calmed and told myself that everything might happen, but, at least, you fought the hard battles. 




I looked up to the sky and asked God to bless and help me claim victory. He also did not fail me.



Before going home, we took some rest here so we will have enough energy to return home.


The trail is easier. We estimated the minutes we will arrive as the foot of the mountain.




The people living there has a mini store where you can buy some refreshments and snacks. But, what fascinated me were these stone towers which I believe to bring good luck to wishers like me. I made a wish and now, the ancient fact is somehow true.





On our way back, our guide told us to use the foot bridge so we can easily reach the aforesaid nipa hut. We did not regret following him. The place is so magical. The people there can enjoy playing and bathing in the river.





And our final stretch going to the highway was this hard path that we needed to hike.


We walked along the highway and farm so we can rest in the nipa hut. We were offered mangoes and cold water as a reward. They were amused that we climbed both mountains in four hours. We're not bad hikers as their observation to the new trail.

So, visit this new or alternative trail if you want to experience the same thrill. It's affordable and super fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Created By Sora Templates