Exploring Tingloy for the first time

 
 

Being a rookie in the office meant something really big to me. I was then part of the team that I prone to field works. And it was August 2009 when we were assigned to document Tingloy Adventure Race, a project of the Provincial Tourism Office.

I was thrilled to know that we will visit the whole island in order to showcase the persistence of the participants to finish the race within the day. It was first time to meet and greet Tingloy. I was not aware that such is part of the province.

On the start of two day event, we were asked to go to Mabini Pier for our boat ride going to Tingloy. Literally, I have to say that the ride going there and going back was tough. We needed to pacify our hearts in order to have our safe touchdown. I was lucky that my officemates were all brave enough to conquer the fear.

Once we made it to Tingloy, we coordinated with the municipal employees to be informed of the event. Then, we proceeded to the house of April Rivera, a Capitol employee. She invited us to lunch and some drinks. It was like my initiation rites that I made mountains of puke. This incident entailed that I enjoyed the experience.

And when the race started, I was amazed by the fact that all the participants wanted to finish the race since it was their first time to explore a whole island in a day. Perks of being in the documentation team included a lot of time to enjoy the view of the island.

Quite fascinating was the fact that a beach resort that is open to all. It was virgin that you can have a perfect admiration of the clear waters of Tingloy. People call it the Masasa Beach. There is only one disadvantage - there is no electricity there. One trivia about the island...the neighborhood has generators at home since the power supply is  only until 6:00 pm.

It was definitely a great experience not only to enjoy work but also meet other people and get the chance to visit beautiful places in Batangas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Created By Sora Templates